Data Protection Privacy Statement
Urbanbubble Ltd (“We”) is committed to protecting, respecting and securing your data. This Privacy Statement explains our practices, including your choices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of certain information by the urbanbubble group of companies (“urbanbubble”).
By visiting any urbanbubble Ltd affiliated website or corresponding with us by telephone, email (including any of our online forms) or post you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. By accepting our services (e.g our portal) and providing your contact details, you are authorising a soft opt-in whereby we are able to send you relevant communications.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Act, the data controller is Urbanbubble Limited of Regency House, 45-51 Chorley New Road, Bolton, BL1 4QR.
Within our websites you may find outbound links to websites owned and operated by third parties. These websites have their own privacy policies and you should review these as only they are liable for the use and security of the data you provide them.
Listed below are the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws these do not apply in all circumstances;
- The right to be informed about the processing of your data
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Where applicable, the right to object and restrict the processing of your personal information
- Where applicable, the right to have your personal information removed
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information on how it is processed
Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
Information you provide to us:
- your name, email address, billing and postal address, payment method and contact number and any relevant information that is featured in your lease/certificate of ownership. This is required from you to enable us to perform our contract as managing agent
- information when you choose to provide reviews or ratings, account settings and preferences in myurbanbubble. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our team, or participate in surveys or marketing
Information we automatically collect:
- we will be able to see your activity on our customer portal(s); last log-in and requests
- details of your interaction(s) with our team, such as the date, time, reason for contacting us and resolution, and if you call us, your phone number and call recordings
- A CCTV system may monitor parts of the building or estate within which you own a property/ rent in / urbanbubble manage, for up to 24 hours a day. This data is recorded
Use of Information
What we do with the information
We use information to process a task, your registration, any orders (e.g fobs), enhance our services, your experience and to share relevant updates. We seek to ensure that our information collection and processing is always proportionate. We will notify you of any material changes to information we collect or to the purposes for which we collect and process it.
For example, we use your information to:
- help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests
- communicate with you regarding our service (for example by email, portal notifications and SMS), so that we can send you financial documents, updates on maintenance issues, news about urbanbubble, details about new features and content available on urbanbubble, surveys and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests. Please see the “Your Choices” section of this Privacy Statement to learn how to set or change your communications preferences
- carry out our obligations to provide you with the information, products and services relating to the service that we are contracted to carry out
- carry out website admin tasks and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, website safety and security
- notify you of any changes to our services or our websites
Disclosure of Information
We would only share your personal information with any member of our group as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Should we ever disclose any personal information obtained about you to a third party, it would be for the following reasons:
- Service Providers: There may be times where we will have to use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to undertake services on our behalf or to assist us. For example, we work with Service Providers to process credit card transactions or other payment methods and to provide customer assistance with certain maintenance requests. Whilst undergoing the task the Service Providers may have access to your information. We do not authorise them to use or disclose your information except in connection with providing their services
- Third parties: we do not share any of your data to third parties unless we are instructed to transfer the service provision to a new agent or to enable us to perform our contract as managing agent
- Protection of urbanbubble and others: urbanbubble and its Service Providers may disclose and otherwise use your personal and other information where disclosure is needed to
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request
- detect, prevent, or address illegal or suspected illegal activities (including payment fraud), security or technical issues
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of urbanbubble, its users or the public as required or permitted by law
You may also choose to disclose your information in the following ways:
- While using our services you will have opportunities to post reviews or other information publicly, and third parties could use the information you disclose
Your Payment Methods
All credit/debit card payments are done through our Service Provider, Worldpay. They are liable for the use and security of the data you provide them and will have their own policies which you will be able to find on their website.
Access to Your Account and Profiles
For ease of access, you can save your myurbanbubble log-in details so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you want to log-on. You can choose not to take advantage of this feature on your computer by unchecking the box “Remember me” when you log in to the website.
To sign out of your myurbanbubble account from your devices choose “Sign out,”. If you are using a public or shared device you should always log out at the end.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone and to log out of any shared computers.
Although not recommended, you have the right to deactivate your account. To do this, email our data controller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email or text, then where you are able to, you can click unsubscribe. Alternatively, email us at email@example.com and label as private and urgent and we will remove you from the list.
Your Information and Rights
You have the right to request to view your personal information or make any amendments to information we hold about you, so long as they comply with the law.
You can do this by visiting the “Your Account” on myurbanbubble, where you have the ability to access and update a broad range of information about your account, including your contact information, your payment information, and preferences. You must be signed in to access “Your Account”. You may also request that we delete some information that we hold about you, so long as it is not within our rights to have access to this information (i.e. it is in your lease and we need it for legal purposes).
To make requests, or if you have any other questions regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also see the Your Choices section of this Privacy Statement for additional choices regarding your information.
We may retain information as required or permitted by the law and regulations.
How long your personal information will be kept
Unless stated otherwise, we will hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we are contracted to do so
- For as long as we provide a service to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance
We safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorised access. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement will be updated from time to time in order to comply with legal, regulatory or operational requirements. You will be notified when changes have been made. Your continued use of the urbanbubble services after any such updates take effect will constitute as acceptance of those changes. To see when this Privacy Statement was last updated, please see the “Last Updated” section below.
Cookies and Internet Advertising
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services
We and our Service Providers may use the following types of cookies:
Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are not essential but help us to personalise and enhance your online experience with urbanbubble. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided (e.g. during registration). We also use these cookies to collect information such as web traffic, viewing patterns and click-through rates. Although this is an ‘opt-in’ service, we highly recommend that you do opt-in to our cookies so that you can benefit from all of our website’s functions and experience the best of urbanbubble.
The data controller of your personal information is urbanbubble, who also provide the service to you. When contacting the team for assistance, the receiver will need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request. This is for your safety and ours.
If you wish to find out more about your rights and the legislation, the supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner can be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.