In most cases, the freeholder has the authority to place buildings insurance on behalf of all owners within an apartment scheme. This typically includes buildings cover plus terrorism (now mandatory), but not contents for the fixtures, fittings and belongings of the occupant.

New ARMA-Q rules mean we are only able to place insurance where we’re the company secretary of an RMC. It also means that, in all cases, we are no longer allowed to handle claims on behalf of Leaseholders and the Broker/Underwriter. Going forward, these have to be dealt with by the leaseholder, in co-operation with their insurance company and/or Broker. Details of your insurance policy and the process for making a claim are located on My urbanbubble for your property.

For more information on how to manage insurance claims, our brokers have put together a helpful guide. You can access the guide, along with notices on what to do in the event of common situations like leaks from above, on the portal.


Please click here to view FlatGuard Insurance Guide

Please click here to view FlatGuard Weather Water, Dam and Building Maintenance Guide

Recommended Posts